Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hi!

Welcome to my blog! I've been reading vegan blogs since reading Skinny Bastard and converting myself on 08/08/09. I've developed a lot of my own recipes and thought I could share some of them here as well as discuss stories or other things involved with being a busy college student.

Today I started my day with a usual shake I make -- Chocolate Banana. It's not too sweet but really gets me going in the morning!

1-1 1/2 banana(s), sliced and frozen overnight
1/2 c. - 3/4 c. chocolate light Silk soymilk

I go through a large bunch of bananas, cut them up, and section them off into baggies on Sunday nights so I have them throughout the week.

1. Place the frozen bananas in the blender.
2. Pour Silk over them to cover (more or less depending on how thick or thin you prefer)
3. Blend for about 15 seconds and enjoy!

It usually makes about 2 full glasses, I drink one while I get ready and then one when I can sit down and actually have breakfast. Occasionally I take one in a thermos on my way to school!

I had to finish a Computer Science Take Home Exam, so I didn't get to lunch until much later. I went to Chipotle, a restaurant I frequent at least once a week. Today I got a salad, which I usually get for lunch. I add a little rice (because it's too good), black beans, 2 scoops of tomatoes, salsa verde, corn salsa, and guacamole. Their dressing is amazing as well.

I have to go to class and turn in my exam, then I'll be home later to make some pasta for dinner!

1 comment:

  1. You sound so blogger-y.

    Too bad you can't have a blog about debate. :)

    ReplyDelete