Friday, March 4, 2011

AFR: Caesar Salad, Eggplant Bacon, Caesar Chavez Dressing

In the words of one of my co-workers, OH. MY. LANTA.
This recipe is AMAZING. This is legitimately one of the most delicious salads I've ever prepared. And it came together in under half an hour!


I don't think this picture does it justice, but you can see that the dressing coats the lettuce like a real caesar would. I thought the flavor of the dressing was spot-on caesar, but it lacked a creamy texture that I am accustomed to. That being said, for a recipe that includes no vegenaise or anything of that sort, it is impressive. Natural ingredients like cashews, tahini, and miso really do work magic in terms of a creamy consistency.

The eggplant bacon is insanely good. You will eat all of it. I promise. My only complaint? There's very little protein to make this a "meal". Something tells me I'll live.

2 comments:

  1. Agree completely. I've made this salad twice and ate the entire eggplant each time. I've also made the dressing every single week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made this recipe. You're eggplant looks better than mine did. Did you cook it for longer than the suggested time? It looks nice and crispy. (Mine was mostly soggy.)

    ReplyDelete