Tuesday, March 15, 2011

AFR: Hottie Black Eyed Peas & Greens

I typed out Hottie and keep wanting to say "Hootie"! Hootie, Hoo! If you're a top chef fan, you'd get it. I'm sad about Carla being gone, she's so cheerful and creative.


As I was eating this tasty Southern dish, I said to myself "I can't believe I'm eating something that is actually healthy!" This was really, really good. I used collards that held up well to the hot sauce, and the creaminess of the black-eyed peas is excellent. The onions/garlic add a nice depth, as they do in nearly every AFR creation. I can tell Isa loves them, and I do as well. Overall a very satisfying meal! I went back for seconds.

Pictured on the side is a tester recipe for the next HH book.

3 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to get this book! Everyone keeps flaunting these awesome-looking (and sounding) recipes from it. And collards are yummy, haven't bought them in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIGHLY recommend the book! Will be writing out a more comprehensive review next week as the cookbook club wraps it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved this. Leftovers were so good, if not better, because it was even more flavorful.

    ReplyDelete