Monday, March 28, 2011

A Prelude to 21

A little story: I drafted a post over a week ago about brownie sundaes. I've made two recipes. Both left something to be desired. So the post is still a work in progress. I really want the perfect brownie. Or maybe I'll write a post about how I'm really conflicted between what I want in a brownie. At any rate, be prepared for some discussion of brownies.


Vegetables being sauteed before adding the quinoa! They cooked down in some vegetable stock before the quinoa joined the party and absorbed all the aromatic flavor. Quinoa deserves exclamation points!


The dishes originated from three creations: a southern-inspired tester recipe for the new HH cookbook as well as a sauce that I've made once before, and Evan's Quinoa Dressing. I made the recipe as described, except with vegetable stock instead of chicken broth. I didn't find the recipe especially flavorful or irresistible as Evan described it. It wasn't the best quinoa I've ever made, but it was good.


I liked this quinoa recipe for Indian Samosa Quinoa much better that I made last week. It had lots of great flavor and seasoning.


The next morning, for breakfast, I enjoyed Angela's Double Chocolate Sweet Potato Oatmeal. If she can put all of those amazing ingredients together and call it a healthy breakfast, I'll take it. It was absolutely fantastic. Surprisingly not too rich. I love being able to justify chocolate for breakfast.


Jaws says hi! She's enjoying a fruity alcohol concoction from CPK, where we went last week. And I'll be enjoying many things of the alcohol persuasion from Wednesday through the weekend as that's when I turn 21. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, quinoa is most deserving of exclamation points! (!!)

    Happy birthday week!

    ReplyDelete