Monday, April 4, 2011

i now have 21 years of age.

To directly translate "I'm 21" in Spanish would be that "I have 21 years of age". This is something odd that always stuck out at me from when I learned Spanish in high school and I never incorrectly placed that verb on tests! I'll always remember that.

On a less foreign language note (I never liked Spanish anyways) I turned 21 last week! I realized after talking with someone that turning 21 is pretty much the most significant birthday I will celebrate for the rest of my life. I'm sure most of my readers are several years older than me, and I don't mean to offend you in any way, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this as well. It just seems like turning 30 doesn't have significant positive connotations to it (or 40, or 50...)

What are your thoughts on aging?

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! When I was 13, I could not wait to be 15, when I was 15 I could not wait to be 18 (so I could drink alcohol in Europe). When I turned 21 I wished I was a teenager again. I guess I was never happy with my age and I never will be :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 21's not such a big deal here in Canada, since our drinking age is 19. :) My biggest thought on aging, aside from the fact that I seem to forget how old I am more often, is that I love getting older! Each year I'm smarter and happier. That said, I'm only 24. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday, Jared!

    I'm nearly 50 and rarely think about age. I do remember 16 (for driving) being a really, really big deal. I think one of the keys to a happy life is being content with whatever age you are. Sorry about going all philosophical on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really interesting thoughts! I've always found aging to be fascinating.

    ReplyDelete