Friday, April 8, 2011

juicing it up!

The juicer I ordered arrived earlier this week! Big thanks go up to Miss Merideth for providing the contest I won -- a giftcard to CSNstores.com which enabled me to get a great discount on a high end juicer! I definitely wasn't expecting to win but I'm glad I did! I wouldn't have been able to easily afford this wonderful juicer. Here's what I purchased:


Isn't it so sleek and modern looking? I ordered the Breville BJE200xl after an endorsement from the lovely JL Goes Vegan and reviewing lots of customer feedback. I am definitely someone that looks for personal recommendations and combines lots of research into learning more about products before I make impulse decisions...but especially for those more than $50. I have no problem splurging on something under $10 that I don't know very much about, but when it is something that I have to invest in, I know I should do my own research.


Anyways, I've been really happy with it! My only concerns have been that it is large, a little loud, and overall cumbersome to clean (there are several parts and it must be cleaned ASAP). BUT I think all of those issues come with pretty much any juicer. I feel as though it is really effective at juicing large quantities and all the juice it has produced I have enjoyed immensely. It's slightly time consuming but I've used it every day since I received it! It's been a great start to my days as pre-breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up.




Oh, here's the mountain of oranges I initially went through. Is there anything I can do with these now? LOL...

I haven't felt dramatically different, but I can definitely consider doing some sort of cleanse now. I do enjoy the fresh feeling of a fresh and fruity juice. I've enjoyed carrots (the most often) apples, celery, cucumber, oranges, and ginger all in different blends. I love that I can easily reap the benefits of such large quantities of these!

Are you cautiousabout your large purchases? // Are you a juice junkie? What is your favorite blend that I NEED to make!?

3 comments:

  1. Yay for winning stuff online! :)

    I've had my juicer for about a year and I love it! Romaine tastes beautiful when juiced, though my fave is probably green apple, kale and ginger. Have fun with that beast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Great win!

    Here are my tips to make cleaning super-fast: the big parts? Rinse, don't wash. Focus on cleaning the filter with the brush. Every other day or say you can 'wash' the bigger parts. But seriously, I just run the big parts under water.

    I tend to juice lots of fruits and veggies into one drink -- but today I went old school and just juice six carrots (eight oz glass of juice) SO GOOD!

    I definitely want recommendations for big purchases. I have wanted a Vita-Mix for quite some time and turned to Twitter. Overwhelmingly I was encouraged to buy a refurbished one, which comes with a five year warranty. Thank goodness for Twitter! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed reading your articles. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your effort. .
    Juicers

    ReplyDelete