Tuesday, April 26, 2011

VYY: Blueberry Waffles with Lemon Icing

Doesn't the recipe in the title just sound fantastic? I couldn't resist. Nope. Not havin' it!


Vegan Yum Yum is the new book selected for The Vegan Cookbook Club. I am already a pretty big fan of this book. The recipes are fairly creative and interesting, but "doable". Some require many steps/pages but aren't too bad. I'm not sure all of them are every day, but the majority of them certainly are. I love the layout of the book with its colorful pages, fonts, and pictures. But enough about this beautiful book...I'll talk it up in about a month or so for a full review.

I'm a big fan of breakfast. I go up and down about it, but in the end, it's a meal I love. As of late I've been doing a juice or smoothie and then some toast and yogurt. When I have the time (i.e. a day off, which I get usually 2-3 per week) I like to make something a little more labor intensive. Sometimes that's HH's super easy French Toast. When I get tired of that, I like to get some new flavors in. I turned to this wonderful plate.


Gorgeous, right? The icing was easy and I garnished the plate with fresh blueberries. I'm not even a blueberry lover and I ate two of those with ease. The waffles weren't exactly light and fluffy, but they weren't super dense either. They were somewhere in between. If you are an "I NEED MY WAFFLES TO BE THIN AS AIR" type of person, you'll probably want to mix these delicately in order to achieve that consistency. I, however, am very content with a somewhat crisp waffle.


Simply beautiful. You can say that again!

Do you like to mix up your everyday breakfast with something snazzy on an off day?

2 comments: