Wednesday, April 27, 2011

VYY: Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread

I've never baked bread before. Not once. Bread baking has been all the rage in the blogging world as of late. I've been meaning to make Jen's recipe for a few weeks now and Allie has sworn by baking her own bread as well. When I opened VYY and realized I had Sunday off work for Easter, I knew I had the perfect opportunity.

I JUST LOOKED THROUGH MY GALLERY AND REALIZED I NEVER PHOTOGRAPHED THE AWESOME BREAD I BAKED. *insert obscenities here*


Oh well. It was delicious. My family raved about it. It's gone, btw.

The recipe itself was pretty labor intensive. I felt like it took my whole day, although it was almost entirely inactive. I will probably bake it again though, it was that good and not too difficult. The pages looked a little daunting, but I would recommend it. The instructions and immense amount of helpful photographs made it easy. I don't own a bread-maker but felt confident that my bread would turn out great. And it did.

Do you make bread? What's your favorite recipe?

2 comments:

  1. It's okay, sometimes it happens. Cherish the memory.



    I love the enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the more reason to make it again, right? :)

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete